You know what? I think I'm over being pissed at Monday. I mean I still don't love it, but why be angry at something so unavoidable?
This is my plan. From here on out (or until I quit blogging) I'm going to dedicate Monday to being thankful for the blessings that occurred over the previous week. I'm thinking this will be just the reminder I need to keep in mind that good things are all around me all the time. I just have to stop being a moody-Judy long enough to appreciate them.
I'm going to aim for 10 blessings every Monday.
- Skype-ing with Em in New Zealand. She's been there for almost three weeks and I miss my friend terribly.
- Weather warm enough for swimming and friends willing to come over and enjoy my pool with me.
- Attending an old friend's baby shower and being reminded of how much I love and enjoy her (mental note - make plans to hang out more often).
- Discovering the Julia Child - The French Chef library on Amazon Prime (best $79 I ever spent).
- My nephew running up to hug me when I walk into the room. He's almost 2 1/2 and just slays me with his adorableness.
- My brother giving me and delivering a sturdy planter-box he no longer wants. I can't wait to transplant my herbs!
- Being told I do amazing work and getting appreciated for something I love to do. Hopefully I will be able to post the video, of the script I wrote, here soon.
- Watching my dog jump into the pool after his ball. Something about flying doggies that just makes me happy.
- Hours long phone conversations with my bestie. She just gets me, you know?
- Discovering a new season of Tough Love OnDemand. One of the only reality shows I watch.