Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 3 - I think this is do-able.

I'm not going to be to post a daily account of my juicing, but I will try to post about it every few days. Both to keep me accountable and to share with anyone else who might be on or considering getting on this crazy ride.

I spent most of day 2 in bed trying to sleep away the day so I wouldn't be thinking about all of the things I couldn't eat. It was a war in my head. The devil side coming up with all these reasons why I should just let myself have an In-n-Out protein-style burger or a Chipotle salad bowl with no cheese, rice or sour cream. I found that the safest way to avoid those temptations was to just stay home.

I'd gone to a new church in the morning with a big group of my friends and as they all drove off to Chili's for lunch I took myself to the grocery store to replenish my stock of fruits and veggies. There was a Taco Bell in the same parking lot as the grocery store and I can gladly say that I only thought about stopping in for a minute.

I'd spent most of the church service thinking about what kind of juice I would make for lunch. I settled on what I now call Sippin' Salsa. It was quite tasty and after all of the sweet juices I'd been having was a nice spicy change. I'd forgotten to get fresh garlic or cilantro so I think the recipe could have been a bit better.

Sippin' Salsa
4 tomatoes
1/3 jalapeno - no seeds
1/8 onion
1 stalk celery
1 small bunch of kale
1 lemon cucumber -seeds removed

Later that day my roommate's car broke down while she was at the grocery store so I went to give her a jump start (thanks random guy in the parking lot willing to show us how to do it). All I could think was that both Chipotle and In-N-Out were right next to us. Luckily I told Malina what I was thinking and she was able to talk me out of it. I did run into Safeway to pick up more veggies (my spinach had started to rot) and strawberries. While I was in there the pull of protein was so strong I bought a pound of turkey lunch meat. 

I ate half of it as the night went on. And a dill pickle. And a tiny slice of colby-jack cheese. Yeah... I'm weak. But at least I didn't do drive-thru and my "cheats" were sugar and carb free. Those are the biggies that I'm trying to detox from.

My evening juice was so yummy. On the advice of my friend who has been juicing for almost a month I made a higher calorie all fruit juice. I call it Wat-An-Apple.

1/3 fresh pineapple
1/4 personal size seedless watermelon
1.5 cups strawberries
2 apples

It was almost like drinking sherbet ice cream. A perfect way to end my day.

There was another juice in there somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I'll have to check my Juice Diary and let you know.

I have high hopes for today (Day 3) even though its early. I'm at work and will hopefully be distracted enough to not obsess about food all day. I prepped all of my ingredients last night before bed and this morning I was able to make two 32 oz juices in about 15 minutes (including clean-up time).

Pray for me.

No comments: